ALL OF US VILLAINS | Amanda Foody & Christine Lynn Herman


Like most people with a brain, I took one look at the blurb for this novel – You fell in love with the victors of the Hunger Games. Now prepare the meet the villains of the Blood Veil – and hit that mf to-read button quicker than I’ve ever hit anything in my life.

Once every generation, the sky over the town of Ilvernath turns red, and seven ancient families choose their champion. The Blood Veil falls, and for three months, the champions fight each other to the death, a battle that decides which family controls the last of the world’s high magick.

Reader, I was hooked.

The story is told through the eyes of four of the seven champions: Alistair Lowe, Isobel Macaslan, Briony Thorburn, and Gavin Grieve. Each champion has something they want to prove, and a family relying on them. And secrets. They all have secrets.

This book is an absolute bloodbath, made worse by some of the more creative curses and spells I’ve seen. The magick system is a delight to behold. The characters are ruthless and tenderhearted in equal measure, and I loved their battles, both internal and with each other. Alliances are made and broken; fates are accepted and defied; the line between hero and villain is blurred.

It’s so good, you guys. So good.

My only gripe is that we are going to have to wait for the second book, and the first book ends on a cliffhanger. I need more! I need it now! It is a crime to leave me like this!

If you love morally grey characters from storied families, age-old curses, and ruthless cunning interspersed with moments of heartwrenching tenderness, you’d best be adding All of Us Villains to your TBR. You will not regret it.

Thank you to NetGalley and to Tor Books for providing me with this ARC.